Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dragon Boat

Hai hai, apa khabar semua? Lama tak update blog. I have so many things to update- Google Day, Dragon Boat competition, outings. Dah banyak sangat, sampai lama-lama jadi malas nak update. Heh.

Today I'm gonna write about the Dragon Boat Championship for Commonwealth Countries 2010. It was held in Penang on the 24nd to 25th of July 2010. Kitorang bertolak ke Penang dengan bas MMU dan menginap di Sri Sayang Apartment. At first, I was not that thrilled because Penang is my hometown. I've stayed at Sri Sayang a couple of times. Teluk Bahang dam pun penah pergi. Bosan je. Ye la empangan, what do you expect?

But it turned out to be exciting. We participated in 3 categories- Men, Women & Mix. For each category, there are 200m, 500m and 2000m. MMU ada 2 team: MMU Putra and MMU Putra A. Our first match was 2000km mix category. I still remember during the first half, masa boat MMU Putra tengah pusing, tiba-tiba boat MMU Putra A langgar dari tepi. The dragon at the edge of the boat hit the person in front of me. I was so panicked, so I dropped myself to the back and laid flat. Nasib baik dapat elak dragon tu. And thank god our boat did not capsize. That was the only match that we did not finish last. Haha. If I'm not mistaken, MMU Putra finished at 5th placing and MMU Putra A at 7th placing.

It was so exhausting. Tak sempat nak bernyawa pun, then sambung another match. Penat gila sampai rasa macam nak nangis. Every match pun kitorang last. Haha. Yea la, most of us are newbies. Team-team lain memang dah banyak experience.

That night we went to Padang Kota Lama for dinner. Mahal gila diorang cekik darah. Mentang-mentang la orang luar semua. Bayangkan char koay teow sepinggan RM 8. Pasembur RM 24. Dah la tak sedap langsung. Malu je aku nak ngaku aku orang Penang. Buat malu je la haih.

Dari membebel je kat sini, baik tengok gambar. Hehe. Here are some of the pictures :






0 hug(s) :